Saturday, January 4, 2014

Current Pregnancy Supplements for Baby Number 2!

I remember when I was pregnant with Zoey (baby number 1) , I took a prenatal that made my urine bright yellow. I didn't know why it did that, but I took it anyways. I think now looking back, it meant my body wasn't able to absorb all the nutrients. When Zoey was born, she had passed meconium and was rushed off to the NICU for an infection in her lungs. She was in the NICU for 6 days. It was pretty emotionally overwhelming needless to say, but all ended up ok and she is absolutely incredible and very very healthy, thankfully! <3 Also, when Zoey was about 18 months we took her to the dentist because her top 2 front teeth had little arches and the back of her teeth were blackish grey and looked soft. I blogged about our experience in my last post, but I never followed up. We never went back to the dentist to get the procedure he suggested, and... WE HEALED HER TEETH!!!! We read the book Cure Tooth Decay and I joined a few Facebook groups and we completely changed her diet and spent A LOT of money on supplements. I should do an blog post updating what we did/do for her teeth! <3

Needless to say, when I found out I was pregnant, the researching, and information loving, crazy mom that  I am;  I wanted to take our past experience with Zoey's meconium and NICU experience, as well as the tooth decay/ enamel issues, and tuck that in my pocket while i took a bit of a more *intentional* and different approach for prenatal supplements with baby number 2. Yeah, so funny story... I actually thought I had diabetes because I googled my symptoms, frequent urination, extreme fatigue, sudden weight gain.... and was about to spend a $100 bucks on a blood test when Sam rolled his eyes at me and told me to go to the store and take a pregnancy test. To my complete and utter shock, I was pregnant and Sam and I were/ are absolutely elated with joy! Zoey will make a PHENOMENAL big sister and she is VERY excited. She tells people she has a baby in her tummy too! She also LOVES babies and really wants one of her own! So I keep telling her "Ok Zoey, mommy is making you a baby sister or brother, so hold on, it's gonna take a while." ^_^

Ok so here is a picture of the supplements I am taking, and most of these supplements I was taking regularly and on daily basis anyways, before I even knew I was pregnant!



Left to Right:
1) Green Pasture Blue Ice Infused Organic Virgin Coconut Oil. The coconut oil is infused with Fermented Cod Liver Oil, Skate Liver Oil, and X Factor High Vitamin Butter Oil. This product is great for everyone in the family! The FCLO and SLO contain high amounts of fat soluble vitamin A and D which is greatly beneficial in small daily and the HVBO is great because it is high in Vitamin K and together they work much more effectively than if you were just to take the FCLO or SLO by itself.  The HVBO is considered Activator X according to Dr. Weston A Price, an awesome Dentist who researched what made some ancient cultures completely immune to tooth decay. So basically this combo is awesome and easy because it is just one huge bottle instead of buying several different bottles. It is ideal for optimum eye, brain, and teeth development in babies, and for everyone, especially if you are trying to boost your overall immune system and health, or heal and cure tooth decay.  It is however, pretty disgusting, I am not gonna lie. But ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. So I do it. For More info I recommend checking out the Weston A Price Foundation website and the Green Pasture website. I keep it in the fridge, and take a big ol spoon full. It melts in my mouth as I chew up the oil and then I chug room temp water to wash it all down. YUM!!!!

2) Amazing Grass Green Superfood Original. This stuff is helpful for overall nutrition and contains a variety of alkalizing green super foods. There are also pre and probiotics, acai and maca, and has the antioxidant equivalent of 7 servings of fruit and veggies. I put a scoop of it in mason jar glass of room put a lid on, shake it like crazy, and chug. It also is not all that delightful to drink, BUT it makes you feel really great afterwards! Like instant energy and really strong!

3) Vitamin Code Garden of Life Raw Prenatal. This prenatal is awesome. I really like it! I have steadily been taking prenatal vitamins since college (great for hair and nails, which is why I took them back then) and this is my favorite! It is food based, raw, vegetarian, dairy and gluten free. It has ginger to help with morning sickness, probiotics for healthy digestion, and has twice the minimum recommended folate for healthy support of neural tube development. (decreases the chance of birth defects related to the brain and spinal cord). It also does not make my urine neon yellow, score!!!! I take one with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. They are easy to take and I love them!

4) Natural Calm Calcium and Magnesium. Calcium and Magnesium work extremely well together, and can help prevent preterm labor,  optimizes blood pressure levels, helps to increase pain threshold tolerance, can reduce the risk of birth defects, and is helpful in relieving constipation as well as helping reduce stress and anxiety, promotes more restful sleep, helps alleviate morning sickness and nausea, and is great for bone and teeth health! This is powder form and you start of very slowly in small doses because your body has to build up the amount it can tolerate, if you take too much your body cannot absorb it all and it will be a waste. I  mix with water, and it tastes great. I have the lemon raspberry flavor!

5) ReMag.  This is a stronger, pure magnesium liquid drop. The directions say to mix with water and start off slowly. The same benefits as listed above. Here is what the ReMag website says " Magnesium is a necessary cofactor for over 700 enzymes that preform vital metabolic functions in the body. It's a simple mineral that prevents and treats diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, insomnia, and a dozen other health conditions" - Rnadrops.com/product/remag

6) Living Streams Probiotics. The website has a disclaimer that pregnant and nursing women should not use. But I have spoken with the owner/ creator of this of amazing probiotics, several times over the phone, and he assured me it is safe, but it must be taken in VERY small doses and increased VERY VERY SLOWLY. Like one drop a day for a few weeks and there may be some uncomfortable die off side affects associated with detoxing.  I started taking these probiotics when my got them for my daughter over a year ago. In my opinion they are amazing and have helped aid in the healing of her tooth decay! It is a liquid dropper form and tastes a little like water. It is easy to take and give to Zoey.

7) Living Streams Alfalfa Probiotic Complex. The alfalfa is paired with silica from volcanic ash in this complex and is highly concentrated in vitamin k-2, aka the miracle vitamin. Alfalfa is high in protein, calcium, minerals, iron, and vitamin A, C, D, E and K. I also started taking this with my daughter over a year ago and I believe the two living streams probiotics have been the key to her tooth decay healing. <3 And I take it because it has just been a great source of nutrients to me as well, and am hoping it helps baby number 2's developing teeth grow extra strong and healthy! This also comes in liquid dropper form and tastes a little like swamp water and is easy to take and give to Zoey because its only a droppers worth and the taste disappears after a few seconds, no yucky aftertaste.


8) Red Raspberry Leaf Tea. Sounds like some red refreshing summer drink but it actually kinda looks like weed... haha, and it is super yummy as iced or hot tea without any sweetener needed. I drink it throughout the day and have been drinking it steadily since I was 16 weeks pregnant with Zoey! It is fantastic for uterine strengthening/ toning and is often used in many pre packaged pregnancy teas as well. It is high in vitamin and minerals with vitamin C, E, A, B, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and potassium. It can reduce the changes of hemorrhaging, reduce labor pain intensity, and can help to increase milk supply. This is only recommended to take in the second and third trimester due to its uterus stimulating properties but I have heard/ read conflicting info on this, so just use your best judgement. OH this is also fabulous for PMS moody issues and cramping!!!! ^_^


9) Stinging Nettles (AKA Nettle Leaf, NOT ROOT). High in vitamins A, C, K, D, calcium, potassium, iron and a great all around pregnancy tonic. It is found in many pregnancy packaged teas. It can help with relieving low iron related fatigue, exhaustion, and digestion discomfort. It can also help with increasing milk supply, and lessens hemorrhoids, reduces labor pain intensity, and is only recommended to take in the second and third trimester due to its uterus stimulating properties. The first few times I made an "Infusion" and it tasted like thick smiley mud water. I since then have discovered using a little less and combining it with RRLT (below) makes it much more delightful to sip on or chug.  Sam, Zoey, and I all drink this regularly with out any need for sweetener, were gangsta. :)


So there you have it. Everything that I am currently taking for baby number 2 and all the reasons! Please keep in mind I am a hormonal sensitive pregnant lady, so if you have mean, negative, or hateraid type comments, keep them to yourself, thanks but no thanks.  BUT,  if you have happy, encouraging, positive, open minded comments, you are more than welcome to share. ^_^ Thanks!


Jade








No comments:

Post a Comment